"Teamwork"...or something like that
As I prepare for the canoeing competition in July, I begin to wonder: Did I make a mistake in joining the team? After spending a very long while(two minutes) thinking, I finally decided no. At times, it may suck. At other times it may suck bad. Sometimes, I feel that canoeing stinks. Then I realised, that even though the training is tough and tiring, even though I may feel like crap during or after training, I would be letting my team down if I quit. I would be running away from my problems, not facing them. I am quite sure my fellow canoeists save a few also think that training is harsh. However, I learnt that though the racing events permit only a few(10 to 15 maybe) one or two man boats to participate for the 'C' division, canoeing is like many other sports, a team sport. Sure, we may row in different events, but we still train as a team, cheer for each other, spur each other on to do better. We aren't going to win the title again if only one person participates. It takes the whole team, and I feel pretty lucky to be in this team. Like my captain says,"Training is good for you...it helps build the team spirit". Those words were kind of meaningful, but it doesn't change the fact that training sucks. (:p)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home